- Are You Ready for College Level English Class?
- Building The Right Environment For Study
- Causes of study stress and how to overcome them
- General study tips for new or returning students
- How To Deal With Study Stress
- How To Deliver A Speech To A Class
- How To Overcome Study Block
- How To Study In A Group
- How To Take Notes In Class
- How to Focus When Studying and Be Completely Prepared for Your Exam
- How to Study for an Exam, Without Cramming
- How to Work Together as a Group To Deliver a Group Presentation (General Tips)
- How to avoid study procrastination
- How to stay healthy for studying
- How to use the Internet to study
- Memory Tips For Studying
- Note Taking and Revision Tips
- Study Tips: Audiobooks and studying on public transport
- Three Essay Writing Tips And The Difference between Spoken English and Written English
- Common Themes in Literature
- Best Places To Study For An Exam
- Getting the Most Out of Your Studying Time
- How To Deliver A “High Distinction” Presentation
- Studying for a Science Exam
- Proper Ways to Take Notes When Reading
Being Aware of Physical and Emotional Cues When Studying
When you are studying, you should be aware of your physical and emotional well-being because this will greatly affect your capability to absorb information. If you are not emotionally or physically stable you will easily get distracted also.
If ever you are hungry, you should eat first before studying. It would be very difficult for you to concentrate on studying when you are always thinking about food. The same thing also goes for sleeping so do not deprive yourself of sleep especially when exams are near. You cannot study well and concentrate if you are drowsy and sleepy all the time.
Regarding emotional state, try to imagine studying if you are upset and angry. Do you think you can process and absorb information if you are angry? That would be very hard to do. The best emotional state when studying is when you are calm and relaxed. Your brain will be like a sponge ready to absorb all the information when you study.
So remember, being in top condition is also important when studying. You have to be physically and emotionally prepared, not just mentally, so that you can study thoroughly.