- Are You Ready for College Level English Class?
- Building The Right Environment For Study
- Causes of study stress and how to overcome them
- General study tips for new or returning students
- How To Deal With Study Stress
- How To Deliver A Speech To A Class
- How To Overcome Study Block
- How To Study In A Group
- How To Take Notes In Class
- How to Focus When Studying and Be Completely Prepared for Your Exam
- How to Study for an Exam, Without Cramming
- How to Work Together as a Group To Deliver a Group Presentation (General Tips)
- How to avoid study procrastination
- How to stay healthy for studying
- How to use the Internet to study
- Memory Tips For Studying
- Note Taking and Revision Tips
- Study Tips: Audiobooks and studying on public transport
- Three Essay Writing Tips And The Difference between Spoken English and Written English
- Common Themes in Literature
- Best Places To Study For An Exam
- Getting the Most Out of Your Studying Time
- How To Deliver A “High Distinction” Presentation
- Studying for a Science Exam
- Proper Ways to Take Notes When Reading
Creating a Good Study Environment
When you are studying in your room or any part of your house, the environment should be conducive to studying. It takes a little planning to create a good study environment or study area. This is important if you do not want any distractions so you can focus and concentrate fully on your tasks.
The key to a good study environment is to minimize or eliminate all distractions. This means you have to turn off everything that can be a source of distraction like television, cellphones and other gadgets. If you are going to do your studies using the laptop or PC, you should not visit any social networking sites or answer emails that are not too important.
The seat you are using when studying should have a good back support. You can study on the couch but you can be tempted to lay flat after a while which is not a good thing. Studying should not give you a sore back so you have to get a comfortable seat when you are studying.
Lighting is also very important in creating a good study environment. You do not want your eyes to get too strained if the lighting is too dim for you. Tired eyes can make you drowsy and sleepy. So make sure your study area has a good lighting.
You can turn on some background music to drown out the little noises that can distract you from studying.
You have to keep snacks and drinks close like fruits and calories which are not too high on calories.