- Are You Ready for College Level English Class?
- Building The Right Environment For Study
- Causes of study stress and how to overcome them
- General study tips for new or returning students
- How To Deal With Study Stress
- How To Deliver A Speech To A Class
- How To Overcome Study Block
- How To Study In A Group
- How To Take Notes In Class
- How to Focus When Studying and Be Completely Prepared for Your Exam
- How to Study for an Exam, Without Cramming
- How to Work Together as a Group To Deliver a Group Presentation (General Tips)
- How to avoid study procrastination
- How to stay healthy for studying
- How to use the Internet to study
- Memory Tips For Studying
- Note Taking and Revision Tips
- Study Tips: Audiobooks and studying on public transport
- Three Essay Writing Tips And The Difference between Spoken English and Written English
- Common Themes in Literature
- Best Places To Study For An Exam
- Getting the Most Out of Your Studying Time
- How To Deliver A “High Distinction” Presentation
- Studying for a Science Exam
- Proper Ways to Take Notes When Reading
Different Types of High School Essays
High school students will learn different types of essays in their English class. These students will encounter literary analysis essays, expository essays and cause and effect essays.
The expository essay provides explanation on a particular subject. The tone should be advisory and the writer should write in an authoritative way. Teachers may assign expository essays so that they would know if the students really understand and grasp the topic and explain it well through essay.
The cause and effect essay involves researching topics and finding out what its effects are or the outcome of that topic. An example of a cause and effect essay is writing about drinking too much alcohol and its negative effects on the person or the consequences of the person's action.
The most common type of essay that is usually given in a high school English class is the literary essay. This essay simply explains or discusses novels, poems, short stories and plays. Literary essay shows that the student understands thoroughly the literary piece that was assigned to them.
The last type of essay is the definition essay. This type of essay explains an idea, object or term and its different meaning in every culture, particular time period or situation.