- Are You Ready for College Level English Class?
- Building The Right Environment For Study
- Causes of study stress and how to overcome them
- General study tips for new or returning students
- How To Deal With Study Stress
- How To Deliver A Speech To A Class
- How To Overcome Study Block
- How To Study In A Group
- How To Take Notes In Class
- How to Focus When Studying and Be Completely Prepared for Your Exam
- How to Study for an Exam, Without Cramming
- How to Work Together as a Group To Deliver a Group Presentation (General Tips)
- How to stay healthy for studying
- Memory Tips For Studying
- Note Taking and Revision Tips
- Study Tips: Audiobooks and studying on public transport
- Three Essay Writing Tips And The Difference between Spoken English and Written English
- Common Themes in Literature
- Best Places To Study For An Exam
- Getting the Most Out of Your Studying Time
- How To Deliver A “High Distinction” Presentation
- Studying for a Science Exam
- Proper Ways to Take Notes When Reading
Fighting Boredom and Tiredness When Studying
The two things that are a big factor in not completing your study hours and procrastinating is boredom and tiredness. There are several ways and techniques on how you can fight boredom and tiredness when you are studying.
Tiredness is most often brought about by lack of sleep. In order to avoid getting tired easily, you should always have a complete sleep every night. With a well rested body, you can have the stamina and the energy to do some heavy studying.
Sometimes, a messy study environment tires you out immediately even without touching any book. The best thing to do is to arrange your study place and make it conducive to studying. Make sure the area is brightly lit and there is no clutter around. If the room or the study area is dim, you might get tired easily. You can also set the climate control to just about the right setting, not too cold or not too warm.
If you are not the type of person who wants to study alone all the time, you might want to join study groups or you can invite some friends or classmates to study with you. This ensures that you won't get bored with some social interaction while studying.
Keep yourself as busy as possible so that boredom won't set in. Being passive can lead to boredom and tiredness.
Taking regular breaks is important. Get a snack or coffee or try to get a quick exercise by walking for a bit. This will keep your blood running and keep you active.