- Are You Ready for College Level English Class?
- Building The Right Environment For Study
- Causes of study stress and how to overcome them
- General study tips for new or returning students
- How To Deal With Study Stress
- How To Deliver A Speech To A Class
- How To Overcome Study Block
- How To Study In A Group
- How To Take Notes In Class
- How to Focus When Studying and Be Completely Prepared for Your Exam
- How to Study for an Exam, Without Cramming
- How to Work Together as a Group To Deliver a Group Presentation (General Tips)
- How to avoid study procrastination
- How to stay healthy for studying
- How to use the Internet to study
- Memory Tips For Studying
- Note Taking and Revision Tips
- Study Tips: Audiobooks and studying on public transport
- Three Essay Writing Tips And The Difference between Spoken English and Written English
- Common Themes in Literature
- Best Places To Study For An Exam
- Getting the Most Out of Your Studying Time
- How To Deliver A “High Distinction” Presentation
- Studying for a Science Exam
- Proper Ways to Take Notes When Reading
Getting a Scholarship in High School
There are two kinds of academic scholarship that you have to know in case you are applying for one. The first one is the need-based scholarship wherein your financial situation is heavily considered and taken into account. The other one is the merit-based scholarship where your skills and talent are the basis for the scholarship grant.
When applying for a scholarship, you will have to fill up an application form. Some would require you to write an essay and you have to get recommendations and references from reputable people who can vouch for you. Here are some tips on how you can get a good high school scholarship.
The sure way to get a scholarship is you have to be active in school and in your community. Be a leader in your school and join various clubs to show your skills and talents. You can get involved in after-school activities and causes that various school organizations run. It is also a good idea to get involved in your community. Join your local charity groups and non-profit business organizations in your area. All these activities will definitely help you in getting your scholarship.
Another good tip is to improve your essay writing. Find out if your school gives classes on writing scholarship essays. Continue improving your essay writing skill by asking the help of your language teacher in editing your works. If you know of adult writers, you can ask them for some pointers, guide and tips. The best topic for your essay should be something that you are passionate about and check for grammatical and spelling errors before submitting your final draft.
You would not get a scholarship if your grades are just satisfactory. You have to push hard in order to get those high grades. You also have to show that your grades are improving. You can approach your teachers and ask them how you are doing in their class and if you need to do anything so you can improve your grades more.
By following these tips, you have better chances of getting yourself a scholarship. This scholarship will be a great help to you and your family, good luck!