- Are You Ready for College Level English Class?
- Building The Right Environment For Study
- Causes of study stress and how to overcome them
- General study tips for new or returning students
- How To Deal With Study Stress
- How To Deliver A Speech To A Class
- How To Overcome Study Block
- How To Study In A Group
- How To Take Notes In Class
- How to Focus When Studying and Be Completely Prepared for Your Exam
- How to Study for an Exam, Without Cramming
- How to Work Together as a Group To Deliver a Group Presentation (General Tips)
- How to avoid study procrastination
- How to stay healthy for studying
- How to use the Internet to study
- Memory Tips For Studying
- Note Taking and Revision Tips
- Study Tips: Audiobooks and studying on public transport
- Three Essay Writing Tips And The Difference between Spoken English and Written English
- Common Themes in Literature
- Best Places To Study For An Exam
- Getting the Most Out of Your Studying Time
- How To Deliver A “High Distinction” Presentation
- Studying for a Science Exam
- Proper Ways to Take Notes When Reading
How to Have Fun While Studying
After a couple of hours of studying, most of us start feeling bored and tired. Our attention span gets shorter and we start daydreaming about spending the next few hours watching a movie or hanging out with our friends. Well here are some tips that can help you feel less bored when you are studying.
One reason why you get tired and bored easily is because your study place is not comfortable for studying. Get a comfortable study table or desk so that you will not feel cramped and your body is a bit relaxed. Also, your study area must not have any television and is far from other people to avoid distractions.
You can study with a friend. This can dispel the boredom since you can talk with your friend about the lessons you are studying and you can ask about the topics you cannot understand clearly.
Give yourself a five minute break once in a while. Do some stretching, eat some snacks or talk with someone. Giving your brain a break is actually healthy and it is a good form of studying. It is also one form of re-energizing yourself for the next round of studying.
You can play music while you are studying but not too loud that it can make you lose focus. Choose a music that can help you relax. Some people suggest that electronic music or trance and jazz is good for studying.
You can be creative with your studying method by using flash cards and if you are studying with a friend you can come up with games that will test how much you know already.
It is up to you how you will approach your method of studying but always keep in mind that being too serious can burn you out. You do not want that to happen. Just think of ways how you can lighten and shed some fun on your study habits so that you will never feel bored.