- Are You Ready for College Level English Class?
- Building The Right Environment For Study
- Causes of study stress and how to overcome them
- General study tips for new or returning students
- How To Deal With Study Stress
- How To Deliver A Speech To A Class
- How To Overcome Study Block
- How To Study In A Group
- How To Take Notes In Class
- How to Focus When Studying and Be Completely Prepared for Your Exam
- How to Study for an Exam, Without Cramming
- How to Work Together as a Group To Deliver a Group Presentation (General Tips)
- How to avoid study procrastination
- How to stay healthy for studying
- How to use the Internet to study
- Memory Tips For Studying
- Note Taking and Revision Tips
- Study Tips: Audiobooks and studying on public transport
- Three Essay Writing Tips And The Difference between Spoken English and Written English
- Common Themes in Literature
- Best Places To Study For An Exam
- Getting the Most Out of Your Studying Time
- How To Deliver A “High Distinction” Presentation
- Studying for a Science Exam
- Proper Ways to Take Notes When Reading
How to Avoid Distractions When Studying
Studying for an exam is not always smooth sailing for every student. With all the gadgets like cellphones, laptops, ipad and video games, there are just too many things that can distract you when studying. Not all people are good at focusing and concentrating on their task. Some people who cannot focus will simply multi- task and do other things while studying. Studies have been conducted and they found that the younger generation are good at multi-tasking but you cannot dismiss the fact that these other tasks are a distraction to the real task at hand which is studying. The following paragraphs are tips on how you can avoid the different distractions you may encounter when studying
Look for a particular part of your house where it is quiet, peaceful and comfortable. Noise can really be a big distraction when studying especially people who are talking. Sometimes you can't help but be distracted and join in with the conversation of the other people in the house.
Now that you have found a quiet place in the house, the next thing you should do is tell other people to be considerate and keep the noise down because you are studying for a big exam.
If you are studying in your room, it would be a better idea if you would put the things that can distract away from you. You can put your cellphone in your drawer. Out of sight is really out of mind when it comes to studying.
Sometimes your bodily functions get in the way of your studying so it is better if you do not eat food that can upset your stomach.
Telling other people that you should not be disturbed should also extend outside the house. Text your friends and tell them you are currently studying so they should not call or text you for the next couple of hours.
Sometimes it is not the outside factors that distract you but your own mind. So you should clear your mind first of all distracting thoughts before studying.