- Are You Ready for College Level English Class?
- Building The Right Environment For Study
- Causes of study stress and how to overcome them
- General study tips for new or returning students
- How To Deal With Study Stress
- How To Deliver A Speech To A Class
- How To Overcome Study Block
- How To Study In A Group
- How To Take Notes In Class
- How to Focus When Studying and Be Completely Prepared for Your Exam
- How to Study for an Exam, Without Cramming
- How to Work Together as a Group To Deliver a Group Presentation (General Tips)
- How to avoid study procrastination
- How to stay healthy for studying
- How to use the Internet to study
- Memory Tips For Studying
- Note Taking and Revision Tips
- Study Tips: Audiobooks and studying on public transport
- Three Essay Writing Tips And The Difference between Spoken English and Written English
- Common Themes in Literature
- Best Places To Study For An Exam
- Getting the Most Out of Your Studying Time
- How To Deliver A “High Distinction” Presentation
- Studying for a Science Exam
- Proper Ways to Take Notes When Reading
Taking Breaks When Doing Piles of Homework
There are days when your teacher assigns piles of homework and it can be tiring if you do them all in one day. It is always a good idea that you take a break once in a while when doing these long homeworks.
Taking a break after each hour of intensive homework is reasonable. However, it is not okay if you take a break every fifteen minutes. If you take your breaks every fifteen minutes, you are just prolonging the amount of time to do your homework and it would lead to procrastination.
Give yourself a break schedule and stick to it. Your self-discipline will be tested and your ability to follow your own rules.
If you have a very long homework, you can break it down into smaller and more manageable tasks. By doing this, it would be easier for you to assign your breaks.
If you want to make it more organized, you can set a timer which will go off on your break time. This will help you avoid looking at your clock every now and then for your break.
When taking breaks, you are giving your mind and your body a much needed break. Walk around or stretch yourself just to keep your blood flowing and alive. This is also a good idea if you are finishing your homework late at night. Break time is also your chance to get some snacks or go to the bathroom.