- Are You Ready for College Level English Class?
- Building The Right Environment For Study
- Causes of study stress and how to overcome them
- General study tips for new or returning students
- How To Deal With Study Stress
- How To Deliver A Speech To A Class
- How To Overcome Study Block
- How To Study In A Group
- How To Take Notes In Class
- How to Focus When Studying and Be Completely Prepared for Your Exam
- How to Study for an Exam, Without Cramming
- How to Work Together as a Group To Deliver a Group Presentation (General Tips)
- How to avoid study procrastination
- How to stay healthy for studying
- How to use the Internet to study
- Memory Tips For Studying
- Note Taking and Revision Tips
- Study Tips: Audiobooks and studying on public transport
- Three Essay Writing Tips And The Difference between Spoken English and Written English
- Common Themes in Literature
- Best Places To Study For An Exam
- Getting the Most Out of Your Studying Time
- How To Deliver A “High Distinction” Presentation
- Studying for a Science Exam
- Proper Ways to Take Notes When Reading
Taking College Courses While in High School
By taking college courses while you are still in your senior year in high school assures that you will impress the college admission officers. This is a great opportunity to build a good academic record early in your education.
You can start by browsing the websites of the college universities you are interested in and look for pre-college courses that they are offering. Most university websites include this option, you just have to do a bit of browsing if you can't find it in the main page.
If you have found the pre-college course that you want to take, you can now send an email to the college inquiring and telling them about your interest on the courses available. Write down your contact information, your average grade, the course you want to major in and you can also include test scores of college admission tests if you have taken any.
The next step is the application to your preferred program. Make sure that you follow all the directions when preparing your application. If you submit complete requirements, this ensures faster processing of your application. You can have your teachers and parents read your essay before submitting it so that they can point out some improvements if there is any. Remember that the university needs to be assured that you are really capable and responsible of taking pre-college courses.
Remember that even if this is only a pre-college course, this is officially the start of your college education. Make a good start and participate in your class to make a positive impression on your professor.