- Are You Ready for College Level English Class?
- Building The Right Environment For Study
- Causes of study stress and how to overcome them
- General study tips for new or returning students
- How To Deal With Study Stress
- How To Deliver A Speech To A Class
- How To Overcome Study Block
- How To Study In A Group
- How To Take Notes In Class
- How to Focus When Studying and Be Completely Prepared for Your Exam
- How to Study for an Exam, Without Cramming
- How to Work Together as a Group To Deliver a Group Presentation (General Tips)
- How to avoid study procrastination
- How to stay healthy for studying
- How to use the Internet to study
- Memory Tips For Studying
- Note Taking and Revision Tips
- Study Tips: Audiobooks and studying on public transport
- Three Essay Writing Tips And The Difference between Spoken English and Written English
- Common Themes in Literature
- Best Places To Study For An Exam
- Getting the Most Out of Your Studying Time
- How To Deliver A “High Distinction” Presentation
- Studying for a Science Exam
- Proper Ways to Take Notes When Reading
The Best Foods to Increase Studying Effectiveness
You probably have heard about brain foods or food that can aid you when you are studying for your exams. We know that organs in our body needs energy to work effectively and that is very true for our brain. Without energy and the right nourishment, our brain can become stressed out or it can undergo mental stress and exhaustion. When this happens, studying would be very difficult or impossible to do. Here are the best foods you can eat to increase your brain power.
Seafoods or fishes such as tuna, salmon, anchovies, sardines and others are the best source of Omega 3 fatty acids. This fatty acid is the major component of our brain and other body tissues. With Omega 3, it can boost brain cell communications thus enhancing our learning capability and improve our memory skills.
You should eat lots of fruits when studying. One fruit that is especially good in increasing blood flow to the brain is the avocado with its mono unsaturated fat content. A bowl of fruit is a good energy source in the morning and citrus fruits are great antioxidants. Fruits are the best source of energy level to keep you working all day.
Your mother was right when she told you that those leafy vegetables are good for you. Studies have shown that vegetables such as cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach and other green leafy vegetables are good for memory retention.
Instead of munching on junkfoods when you are studying, try eating nuts instead. Cashew nuts, almonds, pecans and walnuts are rich in vitamins E and B6 and also Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids which are proven to boost your brain power and bring lots of benefits to your brain.
For all chocolate lovers, you will like this one. Chocolates have stimulants that can increase the production of endorphins in the brain which enhances your concentration and focus. Dark chocolate is known to increase the blood supply to the brain because it contains flavanols. If you want to increase your verbal and visual memory you should eat milk chocolates.
When it comes to drinks, it is always a good idea to keep yourself hydrated and drink water all the time to reduce mental stress hormones. You can also drink tea because this is proven to relax the mind and boost mental alertness. Real fruit juices also has the same benefits as real fruits plus it keeps you hydrated also.