- Are You Ready for College Level English Class?
- Building The Right Environment For Study
- Causes of study stress and how to overcome them
- General study tips for new or returning students
- How To Deal With Study Stress
- How To Deliver A Speech To A Class
- How To Overcome Study Block
- How To Study In A Group
- How To Take Notes In Class
- How to Focus When Studying and Be Completely Prepared for Your Exam
- How to Study for an Exam, Without Cramming
- How to Work Together as a Group To Deliver a Group Presentation (General Tips)
- How to avoid study procrastination
- How to stay healthy for studying
- How to use the Internet to study
- Memory Tips For Studying
- Note Taking and Revision Tips
- Study Tips: Audiobooks and studying on public transport
- Three Essay Writing Tips And The Difference between Spoken English and Written English
- Common Themes in Literature
- Best Places To Study For An Exam
- Getting the Most Out of Your Studying Time
- How To Deliver A “High Distinction” Presentation
- Studying for a Science Exam
- Proper Ways to Take Notes When Reading
The Best Ways to Concentrate While Doing Your Homework
Homework is different from studying and it is very easy to get distracted when doing homework because we can always leave it for a while and come back to it later. There are a lot of distractions in your home when you are doing your homework. There has to be a serious commitment on your part to start and finish your homework. Here are some ways on how you can effectively concentrate on your homework.
First of all, the environment where you will do your homework should be conducive to studying and doing homeworks. It means that area in your house should have less distraction around. Your bedroom may not be a very ideal place because it is usually filled with too many distractions like your PC or laptop, cellphone, television and video games, etc.
This second tip will be a bit harder but it has to be done if you want to finish that important homework without a hitch. You have to block out all the distractions around you. This means turning off your cellphone, turn off the television or if necessary, you can disconnect your internet for the time being. Make small sacrifices in order not to get distracted.
Does your teacher give homeworks everyday? If you have homework everyday then it may be a good time for you to start setting aside a particular time just for your homework. As you get used to doing homeworks at that time of the day, you would eventually learn to concentrate more on your homework.
Learn to set a time limit or time goal for yourself. Tell yourself that you have to finish that homework in one hour. Giving yourself this time frame can help you finish your homework faster and with more focus.
Having something to look forward to after completing a task is always an effective approach. So you have to reward yourself after finishing a homework. This will give you the motivation to concentrate and finish your homework.
You can do your homework with someone to help you or keep you in check provided the two of you don't engage in too much conversation. You can do your homework with a friend, classmate or a family member.