- Are You Ready for College Level English Class?
- Building The Right Environment For Study
- Causes of study stress and how to overcome them
- General study tips for new or returning students
- How To Deal With Study Stress
- How To Deliver A Speech To A Class
- How To Overcome Study Block
- How To Study In A Group
- How To Take Notes In Class
- How to Focus When Studying and Be Completely Prepared for Your Exam
- How to Study for an Exam, Without Cramming
- How to Work Together as a Group To Deliver a Group Presentation (General Tips)
- How to avoid study procrastination
- How to stay healthy for studying
- How to use the Internet to study
- Memory Tips For Studying
- Note Taking and Revision Tips
- Study Tips: Audiobooks and studying on public transport
- Three Essay Writing Tips And The Difference between Spoken English and Written English
- Common Themes in Literature
- Best Places To Study For An Exam
- Getting the Most Out of Your Studying Time
- How To Deliver A “High Distinction” Presentation
- Studying for a Science Exam
- Proper Ways to Take Notes When Reading
The Different Kinds of Literature
There are different kinds or forms of literature. We see them everyday in the form of different reading materials. Here are some of the different kinds of literature that are familiar to most people.
Poetry writing is one form of literature that we study in school. We are familiar with poems that rhyme but some poems do not need to rhyme. It is described as language in its most concentrated form. Some poems are meant to be read aloud to appreciate its content.
Folktales are the stories that belong to one culture. These stories are traditional and has been passed down from generations. These folktales reflect the history, culture, beliefs and customs of the people. Examples of folktales are the fairy tales, myths and legends.
Drama is also a form of literature even if it is made to be played by actors and actresses in front of the audiences. Creating drama or play should have dialogs and plots. These are the main parts that are needed in a drama. One of the most well known plays or drama is Romeo and Juliet written by William Shakespeare.
Autobiography is also a very famous form of literature especially if the author is well known or an important personality and has an interesting life experience. The author is writing about himself or herself.
Prose is usually short story, essay or novel. It is the use of language in order to create characters, plots, places and events. It is constructing your own story and presenting it to the readers.
These are just some of the forms of literature that we recognize. There are many other forms and kinds of literature but these are the ones that we usually encounter.