- Are You Ready for College Level English Class?
- Building The Right Environment For Study
- Causes of study stress and how to overcome them
- General study tips for new or returning students
- How To Deal With Study Stress
- How To Deliver A Speech To A Class
- How To Overcome Study Block
- How To Study In A Group
- How To Take Notes In Class
- How to Focus When Studying and Be Completely Prepared for Your Exam
- How to Study for an Exam, Without Cramming
- How to Work Together as a Group To Deliver a Group Presentation (General Tips)
- How to avoid study procrastination
- How to stay healthy for studying
- How to use the Internet to study
- Memory Tips For Studying
- Note Taking and Revision Tips
- Study Tips: Audiobooks and studying on public transport
- Three Essay Writing Tips And The Difference between Spoken English and Written English
- Common Themes in Literature
- Best Places To Study For An Exam
- Getting the Most Out of Your Studying Time
- How To Deliver A “High Distinction” Presentation
- Studying for a Science Exam
- Proper Ways to Take Notes When Reading
The Right Way to Start High School
For most students who have just finished middle school, high school can be very intimidating. There are certain things that a freshman student can do to start his or her high school the right way.
The freshman orientation signifies the start of high school for the students. You have to make sure that you attend the orientation to meet other freshman students in your school.
The most reliable person to ask for tips in high school are the upperclassmen. They can tell you their experiences in high school, the extra curricular activities that you can choose, the high school exams and the study tips that are effective.
You have to prepare yourself to accept more academic workloads such as projects and homeworks. You have to be more independent and responsible with your school works.
After you receive your freshman class requirements, you can reassess and take a look at your study habits once again. You can adjust your study schedule based on the increased workload that you will receive in high school.
High school is a new beginning so you can try new things or show your talents. You may choose to join and take up a new sport or club that you like. Freshman is also the time to make new friends in school.
If you are having trouble making a good start in high school, you can approach your guidance counselor for help. You may be having difficulty in maintaining good grades or you may be having trouble making new friends, the school guidance counselor can really help you.