Many of the most successful companies in India are always in search of newer ways to improve their security systems. To help them do this, they employ IT Security Auditors. These auditors work with all aspects of the company’s IT infrastructure and make sure that it is working properly and secure from outside threats like hackers, malware, etc. If you want to know the best places to start your career as an IT auditor or where to look for jobs in this field, then read on!
Best IT Security Auditing Companies Globally And In India
According to recent studies, the top three IT security auditing companies in the world are Deloitte, Ernst & Young, and KPMG. All of these firms have a long history of providing quality audit services and employ some of the best professionals in the industry. If you want to work for one of these giants, then you will need to have several years of experience in the field and possess excellent technical skills.
India has many good options for freshers and others looking to pursue their careers in IT security auditing. The top four firms according to market share are PwC, E&Y, TCS Software Solutions Ltd., and Infosys Ltd. All of these companies provide a wide range of IT services, including auditing.
Best IT Security Auditing Training Institutes In India
For those looking to start their career as an information technology security auditor, it is important that they attend the right training institute. Although many colleges offer courses related to this field, not all are equal – and some even provide subpar instruction which can mean that students do not come out with the skills needed for success. When choosing a college or online course program, make sure you investigate carefully and ask about placement rates and tuition fees (which should be reasonable). You may also want to see if there are any reviews from former students available online before making your final decision.
Best Colleges For Information Technology Security Auditor Courses:
- ITM Business School
- IMT Ghaziabad
Best IT Security Auditing Training Institutes In India:
- PHS Training Center
- Campus Topper Computer Education Pvt. Ltd.
Best Information Technology Security Auditor Certification: Certified Cyber Forensics Professional (CCFP)
IT Security Auditing Jobs & Career Opportunities:
Information technology security auditors will often be responsible for conducting saas security audits and investigations of companies’ information systems in order to make sure that they are secure. This can involve evaluating IT infrastructure, web applications, databases, and more – so it is important that you understand the latest threats which exist as well as how enterprises protect themselves against them (experience with this sort of work is a plus).
As one might imagine with industry as big and quickly growing as information technology security auditing, there are many different kinds of jobs available. However, not all of them will provide you with a suitable salary or work environment – so be sure to consider carefully exactly what you want before starting your job search.
Those who have at least five years’ experience in this field may wish to apply for executive-level positions which carry more responsibilities than lower-level employees (salaries can vary depending on location). It also often requires good management skills by being able to motivate others and seeing projects through to completion.
Job Opportunities For IT Security Auditing In India
How to Get a Job in IT Auditing?
What are the Best Ways of Landing an Information Technology Audit Jobs?
How can one get into information technology security audit jobs, and the latest job openings for freshers & experienced candidates on the basis of their educational qualification, specialization area, years of experience, etc.?
Here is an explanation about how you can get these kinds of jobs easily by following some tips from us which will surely help you get good opportunities after your graduation or Diploma/Certificate courses related to this field.
- Finish studies and get a degree or diploma in IT security auditing from a reputed college/institute.
- Network with others working as information technology security auditors for leads on job openings, networking events, etc.
- Carry out your due diligence when opting for an IT security auditing training course since there are many out there! Some of the more popular ones include (ISC)², ISACA, SANS Institute, and GIAC. These courses can range from a few days to several weeks in length and will teach you about best practices for protecting an organization’s information systems as well as how to audit them effectively. As with experience, having some form of certification can be beneficial when looking for jobs in this field.
- Join professional groups related to this area of expertise online (LinkedIn is an excellent source) so you can connect with other professionals who may help lead you to new opportunities or jobs that are currently available. You could also consider starting your own blog where you write about the industry – especially if it means sharing advice that might be helpful to those just entering the workforce. This shows potential employers that not only do have extensive experience but that you are willing to share what knowledge and skills you have gained over time – which can be a major plus.
- Social media sites such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc., are all excellent places for professionals in IT security auditing to connect with others who may have information about job openings or other opportunities. You should also regularly update your own accounts so that people can see what you have been up to recently – which could help lead to new jobs being offered through referrals from friends and colleagues who know you well.
There are many different options when it comes time to where one will go for their education, but the important thing is to make sure that it leads to meaningful employment.
Frequently Asked Interview Questions For IT Security Auditing
If you are looking for a job in information technology security auditing, then you will likely be asked some questions in an interview. Some of the frequently asked IT security auditing interview questions include:
- What is your experience with auditing?
- Can you list some of the biggest threats to IT security and how you would deal with them?
- What is your greatest weakness as an information technology security auditor and how does it affect the role that you play in an organization? How would you improve upon this weakness if given the chance to try again?
- Can we contact references from previous employers about your performance at working for them? What should they say about you and what might they not know or be willing to share because of confidentiality agreements, etc.?
- Are there any gaps between where were last employed and now – such as unemployment time during which one was laid off due to company downsizing, merger/acquisition activity, etc.? If so why did those periods exist (give honest answers but keep responses brief)?
- How do you think information technology can be used to improve business processes?
- What areas of accounting or finance are you familiar with?
These are just a few examples – so it is important to be prepared for any question that may come up during an interview. By doing your research and knowing what to expect, you will have a much better chance of being successful in your job interview.
Salary For IT Security Auditors In India
The salaries and career opportunities available for those working as Information Technology (IT) security auditors vary depending on the type of company you work with and your qualifications. According to a recent survey by MyHiringClub.com, fresher positions start at about Rs 300,000 per year while experienced professionals can expect over Rs 700,000 annually.
There are also many international firms that offer lucrative offers – especially if you have extensive experience in the field and are willing to work abroad. It also helps if one has knowledge about various operating systems, programming languages, networking protocols, and databases.
If you are looking forward to becoming an IT security auditor, this article is for you. Our team of experts wants to help make your goal a reality by outlining the best companies who can provide training and employment opportunities for those looking to enter the IT security auditing field globally as well as India-specifically. The article also includes answers to frequently asked interview questions that may come up during interviews with these top firms along with annual average salary details. We hope our guide has been helpful!