- Are You Ready for College Level English Class?
- Building The Right Environment For Study
- Causes of study stress and how to overcome them
- General study tips for new or returning students
- How To Deal With Study Stress
- How To Deliver A Speech To A Class
- How To Overcome Study Block
- How To Study In A Group
- How To Take Notes In Class
- How to Focus When Studying and Be Completely Prepared for Your Exam
- How to Study for an Exam, Without Cramming
- How to Work Together as a Group To Deliver a Group Presentation (General Tips)
- How to avoid study procrastination
- How to stay healthy for studying
- How to use the Internet to study
- Memory Tips For Studying
- Note Taking and Revision Tips
- Study Tips: Audiobooks and studying on public transport
- Three Essay Writing Tips And The Difference between Spoken English and Written English
- Common Themes in Literature
- Best Places To Study For An Exam
- Getting the Most Out of Your Studying Time
- How To Deliver A “High Distinction” Presentation
- Studying for a Science Exam
- Proper Ways to Take Notes When Reading
Tips on How to Study When Cramming for Exam
Sometimes when your schedule is too hectic, you cannot help but cram for your exam. This article does not promote cramming but if you are in this situation, here are some tips that you can follow so that you can absorb what you are studying. Remember that cramming should always be avoided
Since you are in a hurry and you have limited time studying, the first thing you should do is relax and have a positive attitude. Studying will not be effective if you are under stress.
It is important that you choose and prioritize what you will study. Time is limited and you have to focus on the lessons that will give you the most points in your exam.
Pay attention to the main idea and focus on key formulas rather than learning the whole lesson. You can just come back for the details later if you still have time.
You can highlight the important and key points on your notes. Focus on that first rather than studying the whole thing.
If you are reading a chapter in your textbook, you can go straight to the summary section. There you can read the important points in a summarized version. If there is no summary section, you can just highlight or write down the key points and main ideas.
Even if you are in a hurry absorbing all the notes and lessons in your table, it is still important to take five minute breaks every hour to let your brain relax.
If possible and if time permits, get at least three hour sleep before your exams.